J1850 Protocol Doesn't Work, which FW do I use?

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
skypatrolENG

J1850 Protocol Doesn't Work, which FW do I use?

Post by skypatrolENG »

Freematics,

A project of mine utilizes all the protocols supported by this OBD Emulator, which is the reason why we purchased this tool in the first place with the additional J1850 support.

The first thing we wanted to do is to verify that all the protocols do work on the Emulator.
To do that we have a purpose built OBD scanner, the Autel AL519.

Stupidly, after reading the online documentation, I see that there were FW updates available that is included within every GUI download package. Without testing the product before upgrading the FW, I upgrade the firmware to the latest FW version released on 7/26/2015.

When I run my protocol verification test, the Emulator fails on the J1850 VPW & J1850 PWM tests. The Autel AL519 is not able to interpret the Emulated J1850 protocols.

So what do I do next, verify if the issues resides with the Autel AL519 or the Emulator. I scan every co-worker's vehicles until I find a J1850 protocol type and was able to determine that the Autel AL519 is able to interpret J1850 just fine.

Now that everything points to the Emulator, I try other released FW versions that are available on the Freematics GUI page. I then try 7/21 and had no luck. Then I tried 5/15 and was able to only get J1850 PWM to work but not J1850 VPW. The result of this test confused me since the more current version should've yielded better results but it didn't.

At this point I don't know what firmware to use to get both J1850 protocols to work. In my mind I still have this question. Could it be that the shipped version of firmware is the latest version that is not included on the released firmware list which does support both J1850 protocols? If I didn't upgrade before test I would've known if I made the situation worse or not.

Can someone point me to a firmware version that works for all protocols?

Also here is the Serial number and Chip ID if it helps to identify if my unit supports J1850:
SERIAL NUMBER: V06JS00203
CHIP ID: 48FFC067182555433302067

Thanks,
skypatrolENG
business323

Re: J1850 Protocol Doesn't Work, which FW do I use?

Post by business323 »

Very good question..... Not saying the protocols dont work tbey just dont work with all scanners. Can u please help us with this one stanley......