Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 isn't working

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
bktan81

Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 isn't working

Post by bktan81 »

I just purchased a Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2, I installed the driver for Windows 7 and the software is able to connect to emulator(I can see that the side purple LED on the emulator was blinking if the value changed in the software).

When I plugged in the OBD unit(Viecar ODBII SCAN) into the emulator, I don't see the ODB's LED light up. I tried with my car and my OBD unit works just fine. Any idea?

Thanks!
bktan81

Re: Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 isn't working

Post by bktan81 »

I've updated the firmware Firmware_20150726.hex and the Software now doesn't detect the emulator, I'm getting "Error: Unable to switch emulator into bootloader mode" with the emulator firmware updater

please help!
imanf

Re: Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2 isn't working

Post by imanf »

I've been having very similar issues, and just can't get the emulator to work with my device. My OBD device has worked in over 60 different cars without a problem, but when I plug it into the emulator, the LED's do light up, but the device behaves as though it doesn't recognize the protocol. I've also had no issue when using this device with the ECUsim 2000 simulator which I got from ScanTool. Any idea what changes, if any, I need to make to get this to work or what additional information I can provide to help troubleshoot?