Issue with twi.h library

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
tavo

Issue with twi.h library

Post by tavo »

Hello,

I've just received my OBD II UART adapter (model A) and i'm planning to use it with an Arduino Nano v3.0 in my car.
As i'm new in arduino programing, i followed all instruccions as they are in the arduino web site, by placing OBD library as it is in the following folder:

C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OBD

After i loaded the library and compiled, there were errors, since wire.cpp was not found. So i did the same with this library:

C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire

After i loaded the library and compiled, there were errors, since twi.h was not found. I couldn't find any "twi.cpp" file, so after a lot of tries i left twi.h file in :

C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\twi.h

current errors found are:

C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::requestFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t, uint8_t)':
C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:90:68: error: too many arguments to function 'uint8_t twi_readFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t)'
uint8_t read = twi_readFrom(address, rxBuffer, quantity, sendStop);
^
In file included from C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:26:0:
C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\twi.h:45:11: note: declared here
uint8_t twi_readFrom(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t);
^
C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp: In member function 'uint8_t TwoWire::endTransmission(uint8_t)':
C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:145:76: error: too many arguments to function 'uint8_t twi_writeTo(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, uint8_t)'
int8_t ret = twi_writeTo(txAddress, txBuffer, txBufferLength, 1, sendStop);
^
In file included from C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\Wire.cpp:26:0:
C:\Users\gatos\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Wire\twi.h:46:11: note: declared here
uint8_t twi_writeTo(uint8_t, uint8_t*, uint8_t, uint8_t);

it makes sense, since twi.h and Wire.cpp have the same functions (twi_readFrom, twi_writeTo) with different number of arguments. But how to solve this ??

Could anyone help me ??...i have spent so much time to solve this, but maybe it is easy to solve for you.

BR
Tavo