Packers want NFL to bring draft to Green Bay in 2019, 2020 o

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
chenjie

Packers want NFL to bring draft to Green Bay in 2019, 2020 o

Post by chenjie »

The Green Bay Packers know they’ll probably never get the NFL to bring a Super Bowl to the league’s smallest city, so they’ve focused their efforts on the draft. Washington Redskins Jerseys

Team president Mark Murphy told a crowd of about 8,200 at the annual shareholders meeting on Thursday that the Packers have formally applied to host the NFL draft in 2019, 2020 or 2021.

He later told reporters that the organization also inquired about next year’s draft, but believes it will be awarded to Philadelphia. The Dallas Cowboys have expressed an interest in hosting the 2018 draft. The NFL moved the draft from its longtime home in New York to Chicago in 2015.

“I think the league’s going to move it around,” Murphy said after the meeting. “It really depends on what the priorities are for the league. If it’s just to generate revenue and room nights, I think we might be at a disadvantage. Tennessee Titans Jerseys

“We know it, we’re here, but we’re very unique across the league in terms of the kind of support you have within the community. I think particularly with some of the improvements and changes we’ve made to the stadium, I think it would be good to showcase.”

By 2019, the Packers’ new Titletown District -- which includes a luxury hotel, a restaurant, a public plaza and other attractions – are expected to be fully functional.

The league sent a rundown of the events in Chicago to teams interested in hosting the draft and essentially asked them to submit a comparable proposal.

Some of the events surrounding the draft could be held at Lambeau Field or in the Titletown District, but the draft itself likely would be housed in the Resch Center, a 10,000-seat arena located across the street from the stadium. Wholesale Washington Redskins Jerseys

“The concerns are the number of hotel rooms,” Murphy said. “I think that was the biggest thing. But we’d have to think through where would the actual draft be held, but I think it could be something that would be very positive, obviously for Green Bay but for the league as well.” Wholesale Tennessee Titans Jerseys