Tractor ISOBUS

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
hugoimedio

Tractor ISOBUS

Post by hugoimedio »

Hello, I would like to know if with a propper connector this system would be compatible with ISOBUS protocol spoken by most ag machinery.
If not would it be very complicated to code for it?
The idea is to manage a large fleet of machinery and devolping our own software around it. It would have to take some data from implements as well.
I think this product would be amazing for this since it is a widespread sector were there is a need for opensource telematics software.

thank you.
protomor

Re: Tractor ISOBUS

Post by protomor »

See page 23/24 on this document - https://www.scantool.net/scantool/downl ... 327dsh.pdf

The ELM327 is the chip used in this hardware to read the OBD2 data. I don't see the ISO 11783 (I think that's your protocol). So I don't think it's possible with this solution.
hugoimedio

Post by hugoimedio »

Thank you for your reply, it pointed me in the right direction to do some research. I'll share my findings.

it seems that ISOBUS or ISO 11783 protocol is based on the SAE J1939 protocol, designed with the goal of having a standard comunication language between implements, and tractor ECU.

You are correct in that the ELM327 chip doesn't support ISOBUS, however it does support J1939 protocol so technically it would be able to retrieve information from the ECU but not any data from the implement.

I have also found a system that does support ISOBUS called ISOblue (isoblue.org) it is an opensource solution for ag machinery telematics, although it doesn't support GSM networks out of the box.

I hope this is helpful for anyone with the same problem.
FelixPhindela

Post by FelixPhindela »

Hi guys, I have 3 tractors and wish to use Freematics tracing system, can someone guide me how to install and use it.
thanks
your best regards
felix Phindela
marketing Rep
https://www.agroasiatractors.com/
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Simply feed 12V to Freematics ONE+'s OBD pins or 5V to USB and all features except for OBD data access should work.