Serial Port Bluetooth Adapter for Telematics Kit

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Logan700

Serial Port Bluetooth Adapter for Telematics Kit

Post by Logan700 »

Hello,
I just purchased the Freematics Arduino Mega 2560 board with the DFROBOT LCD display. Everything is working great, but I wanted to add a bluetooth adapter to it, so I could connect the device to a phone or tablet to monitor live telematics. I have tried to use two different bluetooth modules, one being a HC-06 (Bluetooth 2.0) model and the other being a HM-10 (Bluetooth 4.0) model. I have tried to connect to the bluetooth adapters using both the BLE Arduino and the Freematics emulator apps on my iPhone to no avail. The bluetooth modules plugs into the Arduino via serial port three on the LCD display, and they are able to receive power form the unit perfectly fine. The HM-10 unit's red LED, when connected to the Arduino with the car running, blinks on and off and goes soild for a while. I am not sure if this means it is connecting to something or not, but the problem is that when I try to connect it to my iPhone, I can not find it. I have tried switching the RX and TX pins when connecting the bluetooth modules to serial port three, but that did not help. I was wondering if I need to change the code that is preloaded on the Arduino to accommodate the bluetooth chip connected to serial port three? I am still learning the ropes of how to code on this device, so if anyone knows how to make bluetooth fictionality available on the Arduino, please try to explain in simple English!
Logan