Problems with the Data Logger

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Xavali7

Problems with the Data Logger

Post by Xavali7 »

Hello, I've recently bought myself a Data Logger and an OBD emulator, and I'm having a series of problems:

1- The datalogger sketch (whatever version) allows to connect via a generic Android app (like Torque)? Or it Works only for the iOs app? Should I use the elm327 emulator sketch, then? If so, where can I download it (the link on the Freematics web is broken)?

2- With the datalogger uploaded to the device, after a while I disconnect it and plug the MicroSD to the PC but there's only the folder it created, with no content inside. Any ideas why this could be? I uploaded the sketch as is, copying the "libraries" folder to the Arduino directory, and enabling the options in "config.h". Also, I've tried both the v2 and v3 firmware...
Xavali7

Re: Problems with the Data Logger

Post by Xavali7 »

Well, question 2 was solved, it turns out I was uploading the sketch incorrectly (I used an Arduino as ISP, and was doing it wrong. Now the sketches upload fine and do what have to do.).

However, question 1 still stands.
Enabling DATA_OUT and VERBOSE in config.h, I can use a Bluetooth sniffer app (like BLE Scanner) and can connect to it, to read the accelerometer values (I've commented the OBD and GPS segments of the sketch, leaving uncommented logMEMSData and flushData). That app, however, shows the values read from it as they arrive, rapidly changing, and the only way I have to see them is doing constant screenshots and hoping I catch the values on the screen.
I want to use for this a Bluetooth terminal (like BlueTerm) that lets me export the contents to a text file, in order to make graphics.

Now to the real problem. Apps like BlueTerm need pairing with the device, and I haven't been able to do so because none of the passwords I enter lets me in (0000, 1234, 000000 as someone suggested on this forum...). Can someone help me with this?