Telelogger V4 Error

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
freematicsUser

Telelogger V4 Error

Post by freematicsUser »

Hello everyone, first let me introduce myself: I work for a small company (well, a start-up one) that is trying to do some telematics with odb devices.
We searched for several devices to do this "telematics" tasks and we finally arrived to the conclusion that this Freematics device would be the perfect choice.

We have the full datalogger v4 device. with the gps and gsm module.

Everything related to the datalogger works perfectly. The device gets all odb, and gps data and it stores it in the sd card. (datalogger program).

The problems we have are related to the sim800l device (Telelogger program).

what we want to accomplish is quite simple:
Send odb & GPS data over gprs to our server through a POST.

Everything seems to work OK, but we are unable to get the nuts and bolts of the problem, We have been reading the code for hours trying to
discover what is wrong. First, let us show you what happens when we plug in the device :

this is what we got when we power on the odb dongle:

Code: Select all

GPRS...OK
#HTTP.....OK
#VIN:MBJJ7NE2G0161796
#SIGNAL:120
#CHANNEL:............................Error
$GSM
OK

and then in a small loop:

>$OBD?

>$GSM
+HTTPACTION: 0,603,0

After one day of searching about the 603 code (Its not a standar HTML erro code as we imagined), we have found that is probably a DNS error.
Anyone knows why is this error popping up? Have someone had a similar problem?

we have been reading the code and this happens in the "joinchannel" functon of the "telelogger.ino" program.
Anyone knows what is this function for?. In particular the function does this:

"AT+HTTPPARA=\"URL\",\"%s/push?", HOST_URL);

which is a get to the server with a "push" parameter.
Is it safe to remove that function? Is is some kind of check function to see if the server is online?
we have also check the at command reference of the sim800l and we do not find anything related to a push parameter.

After a while we get this response from the serial:

#CHANNEL:.....Error

+HTTPREAD: 50
Cannot GET /push?CSQ=120&VIN=MBJJ7NE2G0161796

And the rest of the code is not executed as the program remains in this forever loop.
we are really exhausted as the documentation is almost non existent, could anyone help us to solve this problem.

thanks a lot.
freematicsUser

Re: Telelogger V4 Error

Post by freematicsUser »

Well, We have solved the problem. !Thank you
freematicsUser

Post by freematicsUser »

If you ask how... Its a secret, sorry.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

I have a question.
Does the V4 Datalogger device work with the Firmware Code from Stanley?

Im sitting here with the V3 Datalogger and cannot make it work. So Im thinking about ordering the next generation.

Thanks in advance.
freematicsUser

Post by freematicsUser »

Well, what we have just discovered it is that the datalogger firmware it is just an example. It will do some basics, but just that. You will need to rewrite almost everything and get rid of a lot more to get a properly app running. So, it is the same if you use v3 or v4 you will have to rewrite the firmware. The nitty-gritty is.. ther is no documentation avalaible...so good luck trying to read the code.
freematicsUser

Post by freematicsUser »

Ammm, and dont hesitate to ask Stanley unless you want to order more units because he is not willing to answer you. Yuo must be a pro developing low psudo c code in arduino :lol: :roll:
dave

Post by dave »

@FreematicsUser, would you say that you have successfully solved the problem of getting the devices to collect what you need and send it to your company's server over cellular? I work at a startup trying to do the exact same thing, and I wonder if you'd be willing to give me a few minutes of help. Thanks in advance!
klemens

Post by klemens »

Hi,

I am also working at a Start-up trying the exact same thing. I wrote a Blog post about my progress: https://www.cyface.info/index.php/2016/09/12/how-to-log-telematics-data-to-the-cloud-using-freematics-obd2-dongle-v4-und-java/
An example server and a fixed telelogger (although only for the WiFi module) is available via our companies GitHub account: https://github.com/cyface-de/ I guess the biggest issue is that the HTTP protocol implementation in the original telelogger is not correct.

If I make any futher progress, it will be available from there and I would also be happy about Pull requests. ;) Stanley's code is not that complex and everyone who understands programming should get it after some time. From a software developers point of view I guess it is not absolutely nice code, but it is useful as an example. I'll try to provide some additional documentation via our fork, as I understand it better.
AbhIoT

Post by AbhIoT »

@Klemens,
Did you solve the problem with Telelogger?
I want to send data stored on SD card to webserver when Freematics ONE is not logging data i.e. when car is off.
So I want to know it is better to start writing code on our own or use code provided by Staneley?
thank you