Kit #3 And VW T5 issue, connection only when Serial Monitor

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Ductor

Kit #3 And VW T5 issue, connection only when Serial Monitor

Post by Ductor »

Hey.. Trying set up my Kit#3 Mega ADK with IC OBD. Latest sketch used. When connect in car, display shows the alternating protocols attempt #3 to 9. No connection either whit engine on or off..
THen I connected my laptop and started Serial monitor, then suddenly when I was changing the baud rate on serial monitor it connected. Great! Took the car for a drive to watch the data..
Speed and RPM show right numbers, suppose engine load also. But the numbers in the data window shoving battery, and throttle was wrong. Battery 41v. Throttle 94 % almost all the time, and no temp .

shut everything down , and then tried to start up again.. same thing no connection... tried a lot combinations , and it seems like when I'm connected to the Mega whit serial monitor and changing the baud rate on the serial monitor window , this somehow triggers the connection to the car. And also it seems now no spesific pattern of what baud rate changing from or too, only that a change is done, most on the lower speeds. .

The car is 2007 VW T5 Transporter 2.5TD 130 4WD. Kit3# ADK GPS BLE.

What should I do here?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Kit #3 And VW T5 issue, connection only when Serial Moni

Post by stanley »

When you connect serial monitor, the arduino board will reset. It is likely that the adapter is initialized after the board starts up. You can try add a delay(3000) in the beginning of setup().