Freematics ONE v4 Internal Battery

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Wentil

Freematics ONE v4 Internal Battery

Post by Wentil »

I am reaching out here to folks with actual experience with the Freematics ONE v4 OBD-II Data Logger, trying to determine if the units have an internal battery that will continue to power the unit for a period of time if the module is unplugged from the OBD-II Data Port. I've gone over the online specs and documentation, but don't see one.

To explain further, I would like to create a record on the MicroSD card showing that the Data Logger had been unplugged from the OBD-II Data Port (such as in an attempt to interfere with logging for a period of time, and conceal activities), and so I need a window of opportunity to do so after the unit is unplugged from power to write out that data before the unit shuts down.

With no internal battery, all I can do is note when power is restored, which is not necessarily the same thing as being able to definitively state it was unplugged from the OBD-II Data Port at a given time. Indeed, being able to continue to log movement via GPS for an hour or more while the unit is unplugged from the port could cast light on what is happening while the unit is unplugged.

Can anyone confirm if it contains a battery or not?