New Freematics ONE - SD Card empty / Power issue

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
ozasis

New Freematics ONE - SD Card empty / Power issue

Post by ozasis »

Hi all,

I bought a Freematics ONE a few weeks back with a 3G adapter (which I plan to use later), a 10Ghz GPS, and SD Card.

I figured this would work out of the box. I plugged it in to the OBD, it lit up, and I drove around for a few days.

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can answer, as I'm very new to this:-

1. After pulling the unit out, and pulling the SD card out and putting it in my reader on my PC, it's completely empty? I thought this would have logs of some sort, or perhaps even the default sketch that was preloaded?

2. When I remove key from the ignition, the unit stays on. Is this draining battery unnecessarily?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
protomor

Re: New Freematics ONE - SD Card empty / Power issue

Post by protomor »

The SD card shouldnt be empty. Stanley always puts at least a folder into it. What year/model is your car?

Some cars leave the OBD2 port hot all the time so if its on when the car is off, its most definitely draining about batter.
ozasis

Post by ozasis »

It's definitely empty with no directories. Have tried two different readers. Should I try loading a sketch? I'm new to all this - sorry!

The car is a 2008 Mazda 2. I'll see what I can find out about OBDII power supply in this model.
protomor

Post by protomor »

There should be something on it. Or did you not buy the SD card with the arduino? If not, it only supports up to a certain size SD card.

The power is likely always on in your car. So unless you wire it to a switch, I wouldn't advise leaving the unit plugged in.
protomor

Post by protomor »

Your original post said you got the SD card with it. That's odd, usually stanley preloads the SD card with at least a sample log.
ozasis

Post by ozasis »

Yes, SD came with the unit, and was already inserted, so I thought it was ready to go.

Can you point me to where I need to go to get a sketch loaded on it, and then how to compile for use?
protomor

Post by protomor »

The sketch is already on it (I guarantee that much). But the repository to get the latest code is here: https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc somewhere in there anyway.

The rest is arduino stuff you'll have to figure out and learn. You really need to hook up the serial connection and debug to see what's going on. I don't know much about the Freematics One unit. I have the mega hd
Birdkiller

Post by Birdkiller »

Connect a usb cable to the freematics and open a terminal app. (Arduino IDE build in terminal).
This will tell you the status of the different components i.e. mems,gps,log and obd.

You can also use a BluetoothLE app like "Bluetooth Serial" for a Iphone to see the internal status.