Changing Bluetooth protocols

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Xavali7

Changing Bluetooth protocols

Post by Xavali7 »

Hello, I bought the Data Logger, with the dual Bluetooth chip, so that I could use both protocols (Classic and BLE).

However, I can't find how to change the protocol from one to another. It's working with BLE, but I need it to use Classic Bluetooth. How can I change this setting? I suppose it's a configuration or the BT chip, not the Arduino board...

Stanley, please, help!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Changing Bluetooth protocols

Post by stanley »

Both are available at the same time. No configuration needed.
Xavali7

Post by Xavali7 »

Then, how can I pair the device with my pone if I want to use a Bluetooth Classic terminal? None of the typical passcodes seems to work (0000 or 1234, all 4-same-number combinations, all 4-ascending-numbers combinations...). I even tried 000000, as some documentation I found on the chip (don't remember where) suggested...

I believed that I couldn't pair them because some option was setting the protocol to BLE. What's the solution, then?
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Make sure BLE is not connected if you want to pair BT SPP. Pairing password should be 1234.
Xavali7

Post by Xavali7 »

I already tried pairing before using BLE, but, as I said, all passwords (1234 is one of them) are rejected and the pairing doesn't work...
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

BLE does need pairing. It is connected programatically. BT SPP needs pairing.