Megalogger issue with Kit#3

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Syl

Re: Megalogger issue with Kit#3

Post by Syl »

Seems logic to me. I installed all libraries manuel and used only the ones supplied by freematics. This could be the reason I avoided this problem. Anyway, I hope you guys get the system working.
tux4pres

Post by tux4pres »

I also have only used the libraries provided by Freematics. This was a fresh install of the Arduino and the only project I worked with on this PC. I started on a different laptop, but I moved to this one to try to isolate that computer out of the mix. I've only used the Arduino IDE to upload and modify code. Is there a different IDE I should use for this?

I deleted the libraries that were in the Arduino default folder, deleted the temp folder created in the user's AppData\Local\Temp folder when the Arduino IDE loads, verified that they weren't seen by the IDE, installed the new ones from Freematics and still had the same result. I also tried the code Fearias posted. I get the smiley face and the string of numbers, but the two "Hello World" lines just display the H.

I turned on the verbose logging for compiling. There are a bunch of errors, however, I have no idea where or how to start. Forgive me if they're expected or are unusable for some reason.

Here are some of the errors:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\OBD/OBD.h:219:7: warning: unused parameter 'baudrate' [-Wunused-parameter]
bool setBaudRate(unsigned long baudrate) { return false; }
^
In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:8:0,
from C:\Users\tux4p_000\Desktop\ArduinoOBD-master-11-16-15\megalogger\megalogger.ino:13:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/UTFT.h:263:16: warning: unused parameter 'x1' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void setXY(word x1, word y1, word x2, word y2) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/UTFT.h:263:16: warning: unused parameter 'y1' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/UTFT.h:263:16: warning: unused parameter 'x2' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/UTFT.h:263:16: warning: unused parameter 'y2' [-Wunused-parameter]
In file included from C:\Users\tux4p_000\Desktop\ArduinoOBD-master-11-16-15\megalogger\megalogger.ino:13:0:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:43: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:43: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:57:47: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw4bpp(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:54:18: warning: unused parameter 'brightness' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void setBackLight(byte brightness) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:18: warning: unused parameter 'buffer' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:18: warning: unused parameter 'width' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:18: warning: unused parameter 'height' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:18: warning: unused parameter 'buffer' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:18: warning: unused parameter 'width' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:18: warning: unused parameter 'height' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:18: warning: unused parameter 'scaleX' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:56:18: warning: unused parameter 'scaleY' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:57:18: warning: unused parameter 'buffer' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void draw4bpp(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:57:18: warning: unused parameter 'width' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:57:18: warning: unused parameter 'height' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:58:20: warning: unused parameter 'c' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual size_t write(uint8_t c) { return 0; }
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:61:18: warning: unused parameter 'line' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void clearLine(byte line) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:64:18: warning: unused parameter 'column' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void setCursor(byte column, byte line) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:64:18: warning: unused parameter 'line' [-Wunused-parameter]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:72:18: warning: unused parameter 'n' [-Wunused-parameter]
virtual void writeDigit(byte n) {}
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:113:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height);
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:114:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0);
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:115:39: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw4bpp(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height);
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:186:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:187:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height, byte scaleX, byte scaleY = 0);
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:242:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:243:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:244:39: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:297:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:298:35: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:299:39: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
^

If I am running into a library caching and what I'm doing isn't clearing them, how should I be clearing the cache? Also, should I not be using the Arduino IDE to modify code and to upload?

Thanks for all of the help,
Tux4Pres.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Make sure to import all the libraries into Arduino IDE.
https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Ardui ... /libraries
tux4pres

Post by tux4pres »

Stanley,

Thank you for your your reply. When I flash to the newest firmware, I pull all the code fresh from Github, delete the old Freematics libraries and replace them with the ones from the newly downloaded code. When I've tried old versions, I use the libraries included with those versions.
My library replacement procedure:
1: shut down the IDE
2: delete the previous libraries from the default Arduino library location.
3: open the IDE and check to see that the libraries are gone
4: shut down the IDE
5: copy the current libraries to the default library location
6: open the IDE and check that the libraries are recognized

I have also deleted the temp files associated to the IDE as a part of the process.
Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong. I haven't had any issues with this process with any of my other projects.

Thank you,
Tux4Pres.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

I think most of people can compile the code without problem. So definitely it is not a problem of the code or library.
tux4pres

Post by tux4pres »

Ok. Is it a problem with the way I'm compiling and uploading it? It didn't work properly when it arrived, that's the only reason I started messing with it. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you,
Tux4Pres.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

I didn't mean you should compile the code and upload to the MEGA board by yourself. You are encouraged to do so and many people do so too. But based on your compiliation errors, you might have chosen the wrong board type. The correct is Arduino MEGA 2560.
tux4pres

Post by tux4pres »

I've double and triple checked that it is the Mega2560 board. The compile errors only show up when I have the verbose mode turned on during compile.

I don't know what else to do. I'll try whatever, but I don't know what to try. As it sits, I have a bunch of cool hardware that hasn't ever been happy and that doesn't make me very happy.

I appreciate all of the help, I really do. I just want this to work like it's supposed to.

Thank you,
Tux4Pres.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

When we ship kit#3 now, we pre-flash the megalogger sketch so avoid such issue. When if you disable version option and upload the sketch?
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Good to know that you found the cause of this. Anyway compiling issue is alway better than hardware issue.