csv file has 5 colums of data, not just 3

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
nealbert

csv file has 5 colums of data, not just 3

Post by nealbert »

Stanley,

I got Kit 3 working in my 2007 Ford Freestar mini-van. (But not in my 2005 GMC truck, but that's a separate topic) Data is being stored to the microSD card just like it should. However, the CSV file that's being created has 5 columns of data, not just 3. I can create a KML file from this CSV, but when I try to open it in Google Earth, I get Google Earth Error..."Open of File C:\*.kml failed. Parse error at line 291, column 4 unclosed token ". I get the identical error message (line 291, column 4), probably because the KML files are all exactly the same size (5 KB) despite the fact that my CSV files range from 13 to 308 KB in size.

But, if I manually delete columns D & E from the CSV file, then create a new KML file I have a little more success. This new KML file WILL open in Google Earth. However, only "Main Track" header is displayed in the Places box. There are no Brake Points shown and there is no blue line plotted on the earth.

Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I can send you my unmodified and modified CSV files if that would help.

Neal Cooper

PS : I was able to create a KML file from your Sample_OBD_GPS.csv (using data2kml.exe) and that KML file opens fine in Google Earth.

PPS : -1.11g deceleration at Brake Point 15. Wow. Blind corner or animal in the road?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: csv file has 5 colums of data, not just 3

Post by stanley »

The accelerometer data has 3 parts for X/Y/Z axis.