I Think we may have a Huge Problem!!!

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
X4CODE

I Think we may have a Huge Problem!!!

Post by X4CODE »

Hello, ive been trying hard last days to Put My kit3 working... everytime i tried ALWAYS shows a "cross" near MEMS witch tells it didnt connect to MEMS.
After testing a lot of testing and using a Multimeter i found this...

BUT....
How is this possible???

then i decided.....
OK, i disconnect LCD Shield from Arduino and connect OBD Adapter wires directly to Arduino (SDA/SCL/GND/+5V)

and test it again, Results....

ITS WORKING!!!! (When connected directly to Arduino but WONT work when i connect to shield)

Solution???

Regards,
Filipe Frango
stanley
Site Admin

Re: I Think we may have a Huge Problem!!!

Post by stanley »

I see the problem is that you've got the Arduino MEGA ADK board which does not have extra SDA/SCL pins but our new 3.5" shield uses those two pins. Our newer batch of the ADK boards do have that two extra pins for I2C as is with Arduino MEGA R3 and this issue no longer happens. Our previous 3.2" LCD shield will also work with older Arduino MEGA board (SDA and SCL pins resides at the old location). Would you like to swap your 3.5" LCD or your ADK board (to newer version)?
X4CODE

Post by X4CODE »

I see, but this is something that it shouldnt happen... :(
Now i have to pay postage again to send board to you for a mistake???
I tought i was buying a full working kit. :(

Another thing is this....

on 3.5 screen why this is happening? why not "Full Screen"? can be fixed? im the only one with this problem?

How can we solve this situation?
Im very upset with this non-working kif :(

Regards,
Filipe Frango
X4CODE

Post by X4CODE »

About 3.5 screen Display problem???
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

The display is definitely not a hardware issue. If you take a look at the code, you will find out it is still drawing on a 320x240 resolution instead of 480x320. This is not an issue if you are going to develop your own software. I am currently working on the new screen layout and make it full screen and will commit my code shortly.
I am fine to replace your Arduino ADK board with a R3 version with correct SDA and SCL pins and afford all the postage cost for swapping. If you don't want to work on the code but totally depend on my work and don't want to wait any time for the source code update for 3.5" screen, you can also choose to swap to 3.2" LCD which current code works best for or return everything for refund.