Issues compiling older OBD-II Telematics Kit Mega kit

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Trizney

Issues compiling older OBD-II Telematics Kit Mega kit

Post by Trizney »

I had to re-purpose my Arduino some time back. I now want to get this back to your Sketch.

I grab the latest off your Github, and when I copy over the libraries, and I continually run into build issues.

I am trying to run the megalogger build.

The first error is it missing I2Cdev.h. I fix that, and then it is missing MPU9150.h, I fix that, then it is missing the MPU6050 libraries. I fix that. Now I am getting the below error:
[code]
megalogger:744: error: 'accelgyro' was not declared in this scope
accelgyro.initialize();
^
exit status 1
'MPU6050' does not name a type
[/code]

I thought everything would be in your Gitgub to just copy over and load up and go. This is using the older LCD shield that has 3 connectors instead of 4. I think it is the 3.2" screen.
jonathan

Re: Issues compiling older OBD-II Telematics Kit Mega kit

Post by jonathan »

After contacting Stanley, I fixed this by using the libraries in the firmware_v4 folder here:

https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Freem ... /libraries

And not the libraries folder from the root directory of the code. The libraries in the root directory of the repo are only for firmware_v5.
Trizney

Post by Trizney »

Thanks for the reply jonathan.

Looking at that folder, it appears everything is in those 2 .cpp files.

Which .ino file are you using to build and then upload to the Arduino?

This is not the datalogger. This is the whole kit to display running PIDs on the TFT, and also data log. Looking at the files, it seems these are just for data logging?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

I used the datalogger.ino file in firmware_v4/datalogger.

What .ino file are you using? In order to use the libraries, if your .ino file is under the firmware_v4 folder, you need to copy firmware_v4/libraries contents into your home directory/Arduino/libraries folder.