Freematic OBDII UART V2

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
trishadow11

Freematic OBDII UART V2

Post by trishadow11 »

I have connected the OBDII UART to the OBD adapter on my 2016 toyota and connected the micro USB port on the adapter to my notebook using a USB cable. I then start Realterm configured as 115200, n,8,1 and start the car when I type ATZ none of the characters get echo back and there is no response value returned. I don't want to connect to my ESP32 until I am sure that the adapter is communicating successfully with the car.

Can the micro USB be used to connect a PC to communicate or is the adapter only configured to use the Rx/Tx UART connections ?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematic OBDII UART V2

Post by stanley »

Did you try ATZ\r\n?
trishadow11

Post by trishadow11 »

Yes I entered ATZ followed by the enter key into the REALTERM console which would transmit a carriage return/linefeed. I would have expected that the adapter would have echoed each character back to the console as each character was typed followed by the response eg "ELM327/ELM-USB v1.0 (c)". I have used numerous different ELM327 adapters in past and that is how they have behaved. ATZ (reset) Performs device reset and returns ELM-USB identification and the default setting should be echo on.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Try baud rate of 38400bps.
Unai DB

Post by Unai DB »

Hello people
we have an OBD2UAR of the brand freematics.
The library has been downloaded correctly and has been inserted into the arduino.
When using the manufacturer program obd_uart_test arduino 1.6.12 when compiling we have given a bug in the library with the word version.
If anyone thinks they know what the fault is, we would like to receive an answer.
We are waiting for the answers, thanks.
Unai DB

Post by Unai DB »

Hello, I am a student of don bosco españa;
I need to know if this item we have bought is compatible with the arduino mega since we have managed to work with the arduino UNO and with the mega we have not achieved anything, any information is useful.
Thanks for attending.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

It is compatible with all types of arduino boards.