Problems with Kit #2

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
CapoChino

Problems with Kit #2

Post by CapoChino »

Hi,

I purchased a Kit #2 with all accessories. It's a cool kit with promise. Ultimately I'd like to log data or stream it to my phone.

I downloaded the megalogger code from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/obdcon/files/logger/megalogger-src-20131211.zip/download
That code mostly worked for me. The display worked, the GPS worked, the OBD worked. However, upon boot, it always says "No SD card", and data logging does not work. No log file is created.

I tried getting later versions of the code and the latest version via github, but those versions do not boot for me.

Do you have any tips? I'm happy to do some debugging, but I don't know how to see any console output.

Thank you!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Kit #2

Post by stanley »

Please download the latest source code instead the one of last year.
All resources (downloads, guides) are available on the [url=http://freematics.com/pages/products/arduino-telematics-kit-3/product page[/url].
Auzzook

Post by Auzzook »

Gday Stanley,
I got your OBD-II Kit#2 and have uploaded the latest meggalogger sketch (megalogger-src-20140907.zip). It all seems to work fine except for data logs, L/h (probably because it doesn't have MAP) and Voltage (constantly at 41.0V) which I'm not really worried about.
What I would like to get working is saving to a Micro SD or Micro SDHC card. I get the message SD No FAT! or SDHC No FAT! depending on which card I use.
The cards are all formatted to FAT32.
Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
Auzzook

Post by Auzzook »

I got the OBD-II Kit#2 and have uploaded the latest megalogger (megalogger-src-20140907.zip) sketch.
It all seems to work fine except for the logging to SD, L/h (probably because it doesn't have MAP) and Voltage (constantly at 41.0V) which I'm not really worried about.
What I would like to get working is saving to a Micro SD or Micro SDHC card. I get the message SD No FAT! or SDHC No FAT! depending on which card I use.
The cards are all formatted to FAT32.
Any assistance or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in Advance.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Are you using microSD (on the data logger shield) or SD (on the TFT LCD shield)?
Auzzook

Post by Auzzook »

I have tested with a Micro SD and a Micro SDHC card on the data logger shield.
I have also tested (using a Micro SD with an SD adaptor) on the TFT shield.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Using the SD seat on TFT shield requires modification of SD2card.h (a file in Arduino SD library) to enable software SPI.
msmarino

Post by msmarino »

Great Kit!

I have same SDxx NO FAT! problem (with latest megalogger package)... :(

Also I'm also having problems with OBD-II (I2C)
+ read times are above 7000ms :shock:
+ OBD does not connect consistently. sometimes it takes multiple resets or waiting for minutes! :cry:

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

If you are using kit 2, the default setup is for the microSD on data logger shield.
Is your car using ISO9141-2 protocol?