Arduino 1.5.8 does work with windows 8

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
rkungl

Arduino 1.5.8 does work with windows 8

Post by rkungl »

Hi I can't get Arduino IDE 1.5.8 working on windows 8.1 I have tried downloading the driver from FTDI and I have also tried disabling driver signature requirement and it is still not working. If only I knew which folder the FTDI is downloading the driver to I could point to it from the device manager. The drivers were working on the Arduino 1.0.6 just fine but they don't work on 1.5.8

By the way it was working for a short while and I was able to run nanologger and the device with the obd connector was blinking at the same time the nano was blinking so I am assuming they were communicating but once again the display wasn't working. Do I have to specify which display I'm using in the nanologger code or one of the libraries? Do I have to specify the address of the display.

I really have a strong feeling that the display just doesn't work at all.

Another question that is less important at this time. What would I need to modify to get this software working with an Arduino Due?

Ryan
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Arduino 1.5.8 does work with windows 8

Post by stanley »

As Arduino IDE is not developed and maintained by us, please turn to Arduino forum for help.
rkungl

Post by rkungl »

Are the Arduino Nano boards that come in the telematics kit #1 chinese clones or genuine Arduino boards?
awais

Post by awais »

I am very happy today. :D :)
anosh g...!!!