Freematics One+

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
qadeer62

Freematics One+

Post by qadeer62 »

Hi, I just purchased Freematics One+.

It seems that I am having issues with serial port communication. The link provided on 'Quick Start Guide' for serial port says it cannot install the drivers and when I try to log the data using Arduino builder, it gives the error cannot open the serial port.

Please help me out, I am a newbie.

Thanks
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One+

Post by stanley »

Please try download and install latest CP2102 driver.
https://www.silabs.com/products/develop ... cp-drivers
available

Post by available »

Hey QQ on the Freematics One+.

Can we connect Freematics One+'s FreeRtos to the Amazon AWS IOT cluster ? Any inputs ?
Or can we install Amazon's FreeRtos on Freematics One+ and connect with Amazon AWS IOT cluster ?
Thanks.
Thanks,
Available
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Of course you can. It's just ESP32. You can do anything that is possible on ESP32.
available

Post by available »

HI Stanley,

Thanks for conforming.
One more followup question : I am a software guy so limited knowledge on hardware. If i replace the existing freeRTOS with Amazon's FreeRTOS, do need a separate s/w, Device Driver for OBD II reader module as well or it will be taken care as peripheral attached to ESP ? In other words, do I need to install anything else after installing Amazon's freeRTOS.

Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Available
mtomic

Post by mtomic »

@stanley I use OS X High Sierra and the driver installation you mentioned didn't help me. I keep getting:
Error: Please specify `upload_port` for environment or use global `--upload-port` option.
For some development platforms it can be a USB flash drive (i.e. /media/<user>/<device name>)
*** [upload] Explicit exit, status 1

I plugged my device into OBD port so that it had enough power, then plugged my USB cable in to upload sketch. No joy unfortunately. Not sure what else I can try. I can try another Windows computer I guess, I just need to find one.