Freematics One+ Upload error.

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
zaky

Freematics One+ Upload error.

Post by zaky »

Hi,

I am trying to upload SIM5360Test.ino in my newly purchased Freematics One+ using Platform IDE, But I am getting the following error.

esptool.py v2.3.1

Configuring upload protocol...
AVAILABLE: esptool, minimodule, olimex-arm-usb-ocd-h, olimex-arm-usb-tiny-h
CURRENT: upload_protocol = esptool
Looking for upload port...
Auto-detected: COM3
Uploading .pioenvs\esp32dev\firmware.bin
esptool.py v2.3.1
Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
*** [upload] Error 2
[ERROR] Took 68.69 seconds
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One+ Upload error.

Post by stanley »

Connect the unit to OBD port, or, connect USB to a USB hub with external power supply. Your computer may not be able to supply enough current surge.
danfc9

Post by danfc9 »

I am having the same issue.

I have tried different USB ports and cables, and tried plugging it directly into a vehicle with a known working OBD-2 port.

What other options are there to get this device to work?
alecg

Post by alecg »

Connect the unit to OBD port
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Alternatively, use a USB hub with external power input.
stockmopar

Post by stockmopar »

For others that may run into this. I was getting this same error. I tried powering it with OBDII port, external power supply etc. But still got the same error. I did find a solution though. It was happening on a Windows 7 computer. I actually got about 2 out of 30 uploads to succeed but it was very inconsistent. I tried on another Windows 10 computer and it flashes every time. Not sure what the root cause of this is. Maybe there is an issue in the Windows 7 CP210x drivers? Maybe a timing issue associated with those drivers?

It would be nice to find a work around to get it to work with that computer as its my main computer... but for now I have a workaround.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

On Windows 7, download and install latest CP2102 driver manually instead of using system's default one.
estewart

Post by estewart »

Hello, just wanted to post my fix to this problem, in case anyone else was still having it.
I did not have Arduino IDE installed on my computer when I was having this issue, as I didn't realize that it was necessary to upload files to the One+. After installing Arduino IDE, I was successfully able to upload code into the One+.

Hope this helps,

Everett