Non-functional Freematics Mega Kit?

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
SimonNYC

Non-functional Freematics Mega Kit?

Post by SimonNYC »

Hey folks,

Hoping someone can help, as I've been banging my head against a wall with this issue for weeks now. I received a new Freematics Mega Kit (Arduino, LCD and OBD-II adapter) and have been trying to get it to run against either my old 2002 Ford Mustang or a newer 2013 Acura MDX.

First, when I try to compile and upload the sketch (using Arduino IDE 1.8.8), I receive a lot of "progmem" warning messages, like this:

[code]In file included from /Users/ricesimo/Downloads/ArduinoOBD-master/megaloggerHD/megaloggerHD.ino:12:0:
/Users/ricesimo/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MultiLCD/MultiLCD.h:55:43: warning: '__progmem__' attribute ignored [-Wattributes]
virtual void draw(const PROGMEM byte* buffer, uint16_t width, uint16_t height) {}
[/code]

Then, when connecting to my car, the GUI is never drawn, and I just receive the following output on the screen:

[code]MEGA LOGGER HD - OBD-II/GPS/MEMS

SDHC 30424MB
File ID:24
OBD-II UART Adapter Ver. 1.1
MEMS (tick mark)

Sending ATZ
ELM327 v1.5
Sending ATH1
OK
Sending ATRV
... this will be anything between 12V and 15V, depending on the car...
Sending 0100
UNABLE TO CONNECT
Sending 0902
UNABLE TO CONNECT
[/code]

I've been trying various Operating Systems and versions of the IDE, as well as swapping between the libraries in the megalogger zip file vs those on Github, but am getting nowhere. After weeks of experimentation, I get the same warnings when compiling, and the same messages on the LCD screen.

Any ideas or advice on how I can move forward on this?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Non-functional Freematics Mega Kit?

Post by stanley »

2002 ford car is not OBD-II compliant.