Shipping: Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
pdxjoe

Shipping: Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2

Post by pdxjoe »

Hello,

I purchased the emulator May 29, was shipped/picked up in Australia by DHL June 1st with destination USA (west coast). On June 13 the tracking number was showing "arrived in destination" country, June 14 said "Departed from destination country" which is a bit odd. Upon checking the tracking number on the USPS system it seems that the package arrived June 14 in New Zealand which is definitely not where it's supposed to go, so I'm assuming freematics is just a drop shipper who sources the emulators from Australia. If that is so, how long does it take for items to arrive in USA?

Thanks!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Shipping: Freematics OBD-II Emulator MK2

Post by stanley »

I assume you chose standard shipping which is actually DHL eCommerce (instead of DHL Express). Under current pandemic situation, standard shipping time could be as long as 6 weeks because it depends on passenger flights which have been massively cut.
ToddEctor

Post by ToddEctor »

I also purchased my devices on May 29th, at 8 weeks it's still "In transit with airline".

DHL is using New Zealand post for shipments to North America it appears, I have to assume the backlog at DHL is due to COVID 19 issues. It took a month for my package to get to New Zealand from Australia.

Packet Plus International Standard is what it says I chose.

We will just have to be patient...
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

As repeatedly suggested, DHL Express is the reliable option to go under current pandemic. We didn't disable standard shipping in case some customers are sensitive on postage for smaller purchases. But for the emulator, you should really have chosen the express shipping. When delay like this happens, we are just as frustrated and helpless as customers.
ToddEctor

Post by ToddEctor »

Thanks Stanley, I didn't mean to offend you if I did.

We live in interesting times and we just need to be patient, no doubt you have far worse shipping issues when ordering items for yourself.
I know in Canada we have to be patient as things always seem to take just a little longer especially in comparision to our neighbours to the south. (USA)

My two devices arrived and now onto the learning phase for me, thanks again for creating and sharing your hard work with the world.

Todd
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Yes patience is appreciated and it is most important we keep business running in the interesting times.
Sykes55

Post by Sykes55 »

Hi. I think that the long delivery may be due to the coronavirus. I`m also waiting for delivery from other countries. Hope this all ends soon.