Freematics One+ GPS Question

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
almtybob

Freematics One+ GPS Question

Post by almtybob »

I just got a Freematics One+ Traccar edition. Using the firmware_v5 telelogger project, I lowered the reporting interval to 5 seconds (DATA_INTERVAL_TABLE {5000, 20000, 50000}), added PID_FUEL_LEVEL, and pointed it at my locally hosted Traccar server. I took a ten minute drive with my car, and it never reported GPS positions. I tried the next day, starting from a different location, and my car reported its GPS coords 50-75% of the time.

1. I know I can get an OBD2 extension cable and mount the Freematics ONE+ in a better location, but it's a bit large and I wanted something discrete. Can I attach an antenna like the UBX-M8030 https://freematics.com/store/index.php? ... duct_id=55 to the Freematics ONE+?

2. I can't figure out why my car reported no GPS data the first trip, but lots of GPS data the second trip. The first trip started at my house and ended a couple of miles away. The second trip started at the previous end point and finished back at my house. Does an early GPS failure stop future reports?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One+ GPS Question

Post by stanley »

ONE+ Model B (also Traccar edition) has internal GPS receiver. Due to the antenna being in the enclosure, sometimes the location of the OBD port may prevent the antenna to get a good GPS signal from sky. You can use a external GPS receiver but that is a waste and more suitable to be used with model A which has no internal GPS.