Freematics One+ Traccar stops transmitting

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
jmattheson

Freematics One+ Traccar stops transmitting

Post by jmattheson »

I run my own https://traccar.org server. I edited the firmware to point to it and it works great for about 4 hours. After that it stops reporting. I have to unplug it and replug it, basically I have to power cycle it to get it to reboot and start transmitting again.

Any ideas or things I can check to see what might be going on?

Also, The freematics one+ unit seems to drain the vehicle battery pretty quickly. I went from 12.6V to 11.9V after a day of the vehicle sitting there not running.

Are people unplugging these things and plugging them in for each use?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One+ Traccar stops transmitting

Post by stanley »

Did you have it running in your car with ACC on for 4 hours continuously?
The standby criteria is when there is no speed over 2kph (either OBD and GNSS if available) or below acceleration threshold (from motion sensor) for a while (default 180 seconds) or no OBD activity for several seconds. The timeout values can be changed in the config.h.
josuelemus

Post by josuelemus »

I've the same issue.

After the truck stops (turn engine off) for a while (few hours)
Even thought the device still ON and plugged into the OBD port it does not transmit to the server.

As Matt says, I've to unplug it and plug it back in. which is not an option because is hidden under the dashboard.

I've been trying to reach out to support but I've not received an answer yet.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

When the vehicle is stationary for a period of time, the device will go into standby. When the vehicle is moving again and the motion is detected by motion sensor, it will wake up.