No GNSS data

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
KN_

No GNSS data

Post by KN_ »

I bought a Freematics ONE+ Model B and have trouble getting a GPS location. Just testing now with the Freematics Hub and telelogger firmware. I get updates about acceleration and temperature and the like, but never any location data. I selected both 'standalone GNSS' and 'cellular GNSS", which for some reason both are listed as 'OK' in the console. I don't see any updates on it trying to get a GNSS fix.

I tried the module outside in my garden (so not in my car) with line of sight to the sky.

What am I doing wrong?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: No GNSS data

Post by stanley »

Always use standalone GNSS for model B. Did you use 240MHz CPU clock? Try using 160Mhz or 80Mhz instead. ESP32 running at 240MHz generates a lot of RF noise.
KN_

Post by KN_ »

stanley wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 am Always use standalone GNSS for model B. Did you use 240MHz CPU clock? Try using 160Mhz or 80Mhz instead. ESP32 running at 240MHz generates a lot of RF noise.
Thanks. Yes, I've changed to 80 MHz.

It does work know, but GPS location is still very spotty in the car and takes an impractical amount of time. So I probably need an external GNSS module that is compatible with this device.
Last edited by KN_ on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

You can use a OBD extension cable to relocate the device to a better location than the OBD port.