ONE+ Model H GNSS Difficulties

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
willhargan

ONE+ Model H GNSS Difficulties

Post by willhargan »

Hi All,

Starting playing around with the ONE+ Model-H in a car at the moment to confirm I've got the configuration running correctly but having intermittent issues with the GNSS not reporting data.

We're sending the data to a traccar server using the freematics protocol over UDP and have GPS Data come through before and OBD data, but now we're only seeing the OBD data stream through. When the GPS data was streaming, the accuracy of the data also seemed to be quite low, despite the device sitting on the dash (OBD extension cable used)

The device connects to the car's OBD correctly and remains active, but doesn't seem to get a GPS lock even after running for extended periods of time (1Hr+ drive with 5 minute stops every 20 minutes in open area)

In additon to troubleshoot, I've tried using the simple gps test file but even after leaving the device outside for an extended period, it still reports "Waiting for GPS"

In conclusion, is there any additional script that I should be running to try and troubleshoot the GNSS receiver on the model H ?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: ONE+ Model H GNSS Difficulties

Post by stanley »

The simple_gps_test sketch won't work with the internal GNSS of model B or H. It works with connected external GNSS receiver only.
Try lower CPU clock and keeping the LOGO side up to sky.
wally2511

Post by wally2511 »

Try this, open telelogger.ino and find the following block of code

#if GNSS == GNSS_STANDALONE
if (state.check(STATE_GPS_READY)) {
// read parsed GPS data
if (!sys.gpsGetData(&gd)) {
return false;
}

CHANGE IT TO THIS

#if GNSS == GNSS_INTERNAL
if (state.check(STATE_GPS_READY)) {
// read parsed GPS data
if (!sys.gpsGetData(&gd)) {
return false;
}
osmosis311

Post by osmosis311 »

Hi,

Stupid question then, since I just got the Model H: to confirm, it does not do "internal" GPS? I would need to buy the external antenna no matter what?

Thanks!
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Just make sure your code is up-to-date. That was an issue already fixed.