Trouble working with One+ and EVs

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Can_Bot

Trouble working with One+ and EVs

Post by Can_Bot »

Hey,
I am working on a project involving Hyundai Kona electric and I would like to log SoC and other custom PIDs using the Freematics One+ (Model A). I've tried going through the whole forum and tried a couple of things like sending AT commands which work to an extent but nothing further than that. (The result is displayed on the bottom). I searched for the PIDs and have them from GitHub but the real problem is, I cannot connect to the OBD port or sniff any data. Been trying this for a couple of weeks now.
I do believe some of the users have successfully done this with other EVs as well. So any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sending ATZ
ELM327 v1.5
>
Sending ATI
OBD2USART V1.6
>
Sending ATH0
OK
>
Sending ATRV
14.63V
>
Sending ATSP6
OK
>
Sending ATDP
ISO 15765-4 (CAN 11/500)
>
Sending ATCFC1
OK
>
Sending ATCM7FF
OK
>
Sending ATCF7EC
OK
>
Sending 2102
NO DATA
>
No DTC
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Trouble working with One+ and EVs

Post by stanley »

Only standard OBD PIDs (refer to wikipedia) are supported.
Alexandre

Re: Trouble working with One+ and EVs

Post by Alexandre »

Hi Can_Bot,
I think we are trying to achieve more or less the same thing, but for another EVs (Renault ZOE and Peugeot e-208).
I would like to query some custom PIDs from 22 mode just like you but so far even the can_sniffing code isn't working (I only get the "uart: UART driver already installed" message when connected to those vehicles).
I'm wondering how did you end up sending those messages and if possible, could you share the code you used ?
Thanks in advance
PS : I think the problems lies in the STM32 emulation of the ELM327. Maybe not all AT commands are supported, but since the source code of the STM32 chips seems closed source, I don't know if we're going to end up getting those custom PIDs. But I don't think it's an hardware issue.