Freematics One + Model B shows Memory dump at 0x400ed8b4: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
victorch

Freematics One + Model B shows Memory dump at 0x400ed8b4: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

Post by victorch »

Hello,

I tested FreeMatics One + Model B last year and everything worked great - information could upload to Mini server in cloud.
The device was offline and kept in a dry place last year. These few days, I need to re-visit this project, however, when running the telelogger,
,but FreeMatics One + Model B can not connect to any WIFI(tried different routers/APs Netgear, 2 models of TP link, Synology, Dlink, etc) and
doubt if the wifi model inside FreeMatics One + Model B died. In order to further test it, loads different codes
under firmware_v5 and firmware_v4(with a mistake) and finally screw up the pre-build binary in FreeMatics One + Model B .
It shows below error every time when boots up :

Memory dump at 0x400ed8b4: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff
Guru Meditation ErrGuru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (Unhandled debug exception)
Debug exception reason: Stack canary watchpoint triggered (loopTask)
Guru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (Interrupt wdt timeout on CPU1)
Guru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (Interrupt wdt timeout on CPU1)
Guru Meditation Error: Core 1 panic'ed (Interrupt wdt timeout o

I need your help to see :

a. if can give me instruction to restore the factory setting / pre-binary of FreeMatics One + Model B.
b. how to check if WIFI module inside FreeMatics One + Model B is damaged or I need to order another new one.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Victor
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One + Model B shows Memory dump at 0x400ed8b4: ffffffff ffffffff ffffffff

Post by stanley »

There is no such thing as wifi module being dead as there is no wifi module. ESP32 has on-chip wifi. Just make sure you rebuild completely with latest code. Also make sure your USB port is able to supply enough power if the device is not powered from OBD.