Freematics ONE+ Traccar Edition Model B

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
SHUHARI

Freematics ONE+ Traccar Edition Model B

Post by SHUHARI »

Great product, having a lot of fun on a little personal project.

My Lexus RX350 seems to be finnicky with the battery voltage in running versus non-running state so before I adjusted the "JUMPSTART_VOLTAGE to 13.5" it was freezing up and wouldn't enter standby mode properly and wouldn't come back on/reset when the power was re-applied. It seems strange that I need to be so precise with the voltage control - can't it just reset whenever it loses power and power comes back?

In my project I'm hoping someone can inform me how to turn off the bright blue LED and stop the buzz/beep. I'd like a silent/stealth device that is't flicking a blue light at my feet or beeping on engine turn on. I've tried to change line #98 of telelogger.ino (byte ledMode = 1;) but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Having fun! Super appreciate the hard work applied to this project.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics ONE+ Traccar Edition Model B

Post by stanley »

The latest github commit has some modifications on the LED behavior when ledMode changed to 1. To turn off buzzing, comment out line 485. For most cars, OBD power is always on.
SHUHARI

Post by SHUHARI »

Thank you for approving the topic and answering my questions. I will flash to latest from github.

I have a bigger concern however after a few days of using the device. I mentioned it in the 2nd paragraph thinking I fixed it already.

After the first trip and vehicle power cycle, the device either crashes or freezes and no longer captures data or can be interacted with.

When I first plug in the device to ODB port and drive, the device is active and sending data... then I park somewhere and get out and the device will freeze or become unresponsive otherwise. I then take further trips and power cycle the vehicle and the device never logs or sends data. It seems to be locked up. If I physically remove the device and replug, it will continue for 1-2 trips then freeze again.

When I had a serial port connected and drove, I did not notice any concerning console errors. I watched it simply not go into standby and stop sending data to serial port. Then on engine start there was no serial port activity.

I've tried playing with jumpstart voltage. How do I troubleshoot this issue? I really need this to be on-without-thinking and cannot just keep unplug/replugging all the time.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Did you see anything marked as NO in serial output? Like OBD:NO?
By default wake up is triggered by motion sensor. If you disable motion sensor by setting ENABLE_MEMS to 0, voltage jump is used as wake up signal.
SHUHARI

Post by SHUHARI »

Hello Stanley,

No, when I last saw the device cease function simply nothing more appeared in the serial output. not when I started the car nor when I moved the car. I was receiving ODB information whenever it reported back.

I left all defaults in the configuration files except for hostname/port to point to personal traccar server.

Is there a way to increase the logging to serial console or to dump to a file on the SD card? The device is basically useless to me right now as I have to power cycle it and even then if the vehicle is not in motion already or started, it will not "wake up" (or perhaps freezes) when the vehicle is in the next trip.

Please advise best next steps to get you as much data as you require
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

I think I managed to replicate this issue and have done a workaround. Please update your code from github and give a try.