SIM7600E doesn't reliably recognize SIM

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Ilnahro

SIM7600E doesn't reliably recognize SIM

Post by Ilnahro »

I received my ONE+ Traccar edition sometime last month and have been trying to get it to work ever since.

My unit doesn't always recognize the inserted SIM.

So, when it does, the logs look this (I would assume this is more or less what it is supposed to look like)
https://pastebin.com/8Gy1tXRQ

And when it doesn't they look like this:
https://pastebin.com/hajZazTU

And the only difference between the two is that I restarted the device in between. I have tested this both with just USB power as well as when connected to the car. Also tested 2 SIM cards (though both from the same provider) and both were specifically ordered for this device, so they are brand new (ie not worn down).

Additionally, I am lost on how to get the SD-card recognized. I am using a 16G model formatted in FAT32. Since I cannot find any documentation regarding what is required here, I went with the most compatible setup. Is there anything I need to change on that side?
stanley
Site Admin

Re: SIM7600E doesn't reliably recognize SIM

Post by stanley »

Are you using a SIM card adapter for nano SIM? If so, try using a micro SIM card. As for micro SD card issue, some high speed cards might not work.
Ilnahro

Post by Ilnahro »

My provider sends out 3-in-1 SIMs. I don't think I could get my hands on a full microSIM if I tried as a regular consumer. Originally I used an adapter, afterwards I used a new SIM in which the nano-SIM was never removed. I also tried another adapter and the result is the same: one every ~10 boots, the SIM card gets correctly recognized. Often it does not, sometimes the LTE module itself doesn't get recognized to begin with.

As for the SD-card I tried four different cards:
-an old C4 16GB Kingston
-a modern Samsung Evo 64GB A1
-a somewhat older Sandisk Ultra 128GB C10
-a brand new 8GB C10 card I got just to test this

All formatted FAT32 (not quick format either).

Not sure what else I could try here.
Last edited by Ilnahro on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

It looks there is some issue with cellular module. As for the SD issue, are you using Freematics Builder or PlatformIO?
Ilnahro

Post by Ilnahro »

I'm using the freematics builder.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Please give PlatformIO a try.