Use case question for correct product

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
undeadghost

Use case question for correct product

Post by undeadghost »

Hi Stanley,

I tried contacting multiple times through the store contact form and another email I found, but was not successful in getting a response so I figured I try here.

I'm looking to purchase a Freematics one but wanted some clarifications on its features. Am I able to program it to do the following:

1. Device plugged in vehicle OBD2 port continuously to monitor for codes.
2. When it detects a specific subset of codes, clear it automatically
3. Any codes not within that specific subset will still behave normally and trigger the CEL/other lights in the dashboard.

If it has the capability for this feature, I will make the order. Or if this specific product can't, but another product that you have can, then please let me know about that as well. Thank you!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Use case question for correct product

Post by stanley »

You need to write your own code. Please note not powertrain related codes can be read.
undeadghost

Re: Use case question for correct product

Post by undeadghost »

stanley wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:33 am You need to write your own code. Please note not powertrain related codes can be read.
Yes, I understand I need to write my own code. However, my question is, does the Freematics One have that capability? Or do I need another product instead? Does the Freematics One have the capability of reading and clearing diagnostic codes (for my use-case specifically, cat specific error codes/P-Codes like 420/430/3270/3271)?

Thanks!