Problems with the new Freematics V2

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
orpheus88

Problems with the new Freematics V2

Post by orpheus88 »

Since over the weekend, the "Forums" link, lead me to the dfrobot.com-forum, I documented my problems and resolution attempts there. http://www.dfrobot.com/forum/index.php?topic=18368.0

Initial problems were:
Got my adapter yesterday, but the logging doesn't work reliably, it stops after about 2minutes of recording (according to LED flashing) and will not resume until I replug it and the data seems to have incorrectly formated GPS values so neither data2kml nor the charting service can use it.
I get F020/10C and occaisonally 10B/10D/10E like in the sample from data2kml.
But no other F-values instead I have $GPGGA/$GPRMC/$GPVTG that after some time seem to contain GPS locations.
But my main proplem is the usbasp I got with my order, I have installed the fischl drivers, but avrdude always complains "avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update." sometimes it gives more information like target not responding and stuff like that. Also the Arduino Builder seems to use 644p when build target is Freematics, but its a 328p.
Please help, I'am lost with that stuff.
Amother (less important since I can't program it anyways) problem are the I2C cables that came with it, they don't fit into the female plug on the 2.2" LCD shield, I think if I plug the 5V/Grd plug in the I2C slot and the white yellow plug onto the SDA/SCL pin headers it might still work but I found no documentation about which cable color belongs to which pin.

So in short:
- 1. Adapter stops recording after about 2 minutes until replugged - NOT RESOLVED (PARSE_GPS 1 even made it worse)
- 2. $GPGGA/$GPRMC/$GPVTG messages instead of the F00A/F010/... - RESOLVED with PARSE_GPS 1 and slight modifications to the code
- 3. USBASP not being able to communicate with the Freematics adapter - RESOLVED by providing power through VCC 5V and GND from an Arduino Uno
- 4. Arduino Builder wants to program an ATMega644PA while its an ATMega328P - RESOLVED by using "Arduino Uno" as Build target
- 5. can't connect the 2.2" LCD Data Logger shield to - NOT RESOLVED but it connects fine to the Headers of my Arduino Uno.