telelogger V5 not logging from car (but OBD works!)

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
aboaboit

telelogger V5 not logging from car (but OBD works!)

Post by aboaboit »

Hi.

I have setup a local Hub server and verified that it works with the javascript simulator.

Next, I forwarded a port from the router to the local Hub installation. Then, I reconfigured the telelogger to run without OBD (I'm away from the car) and set it to use my phone hotspot. Booting the One+ results in the server receiving messages just fine and led would blink quite fast and a few files were present on the SD card.

Last, I enabled OBD again, connected the GPS antenna and drove twice with interface connected. Steady blue led, nothing received by the server and nothing on SD card.

At this point I was beginning to suspect I had made a mistake and bought something that was not compatible with my car, even if I had checked the protocol beforehand, so I built the simple_obd_test, grabbed a laptop and went downstairs. Yup, OBD is indeed supported and I could see the RPM and temperature in the serial terminal.

I'm gonna try the offline datalogger as well but I'm quite puzzled: OBD partial tests were just fine.

Any clues?
aboaboit

Re: telelogger V5 not logging from car (but OBD works!)

Post by aboaboit »

Offline datalogger works nicely, telelogger still won't work.
Any ideas, @stanley ?