Unable to connect via Bluetooth using datalogger (one +)

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
topema

Unable to connect via Bluetooth using datalogger (one +)

Post by topema »

Hello Everyone!!

I am trying to connect via bluetooth to freematics one plus and I am not able to do it. I have followed, step by step, the developers guide of the freematics one page, uploading the datalogger sketch from firmware_v5 to one plus using platformiO and I can't activate the bluetooth device, I tried to connect to the device with an android (BleTerm) with an iOs (LightBlue) and with my computer and I can't even detect the device, it seems that the itis not generating the signal and I don't know how to solve this.

How can I do to establish a bluetooth connection with the device to read the outputs? I modified the datalogger's config.h and I didn't achieve it. I looked in the entire firmware_v5 some line of code referring to the bluetooth and there is not even one.

I don't know if it is a problem with the device itself, the device's wifi works and I can read the datalogger's output printed on the sd card.

I am very newby using arduino and I would love not to touch much the freematics sketches. I am using freematics one plus, connected to an OBD-II emulator. please I need help!!
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Unable to connect via Bluetooth using datalogger (one +)

Post by stanley »

Currently Bluetooth is not brought up in the code of datalogger. You can use Arduino BLE library and example sketches to test.
https://github.com/nkolban/ESP32_BLE_Arduino/
topema

Post by topema »

Thank you so much Stanley!!

I will try to learn how it works and implement it to my project :geek:
CesarHinde

Post by CesarHinde »

Hi...Classic Bluetooth master devices need to be “Paired” with their slave devices so the master needs to be set to “Scan” and the slave to “Discover-able” in order for them to establish communications.
BLE technology is designed to handle small, episodic packets of data. BLE devices (like our MX loggers) continuously advertise their presence once powered-up. These devices will be detected by any master device (like your smart phone) that is scanning within range.