SIM7600 Powerkey/reset

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
ohippel

SIM7600 Powerkey/reset

Post by ohippel »

I have an issue with a seemingly dead SIM7600.

I received a Freematics One+ during the week and the pre-installed firmware seemed to work fine - I recall seeing the IMEI being printing and sending packets so I am satisfied the shipped unit was not DOA.

However from there I have uploaded various different firmware (such as the telelogger via the Freematics Builder) and none have woken up the SIM7600.
It seems as if the LOW/HIGH sequence on pin 27 is not waking up the module.

Has anyone experienced this?
Is the shipped firmware EXACTLY the same as whats on Github?

I notice other simcon projects connect also the RESET line on the SIM7x00 - which apparently can be used to reset/wake the module if the normal powerkey process doesnt work. Is this connected on the xBee?

Oliver.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: SIM7600 Powerkey/reset

Post by stanley »

So everything was fine initially? How did you find out SIM7600 is not waking up?
ohippel

Post by ohippel »

The firmware stops at that point in the code and times out.
When I debugged the code the module never returns "OK" or anything on any of the AT commands.

My theory is I probably have touched the antenna plug with the nearby pin on the board. Because the plug is flush/right angles it can swivel to make contact.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

If the pre-flashed firmware works, the hardware has no issue. Make sure you didn't change anything from the github code. Let me know if you need me to send you the pre-built binary for testing.