AT command set on the SIM7600A-H

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
noebl1

AT command set on the SIM7600A-H

Post by noebl1 »

Hello,

Looking and purchasing the Freematics ONE+ with the SIM7600A-H. Looking thru the Simcom site,they have a few different manuals for the SIM7600 series for the AT commands. Specifically for my application I was looking at the SIM7500_SIM7600_SIM7800 Series_MQTT_AT Command Manual_V1.00 pdf which includes The SSL Context Management AT Commands (for SSL/TLS MQTT). Does the SIM7600A-H support those AT commands? Looking a SSL based MQTT calls to an existing MQTT instance. Thank you!!
zacharydubois

Re: AT command set on the SIM7600A-H

Post by zacharydubois »

I'm not looking for the SSL/TLS for MQTT but I am looking for the docs specifically to the 7600A-H as well. Specifically for the TCP/TLS docs (if supported). I've already purchased two adapters under the assumption that any modern module supporting TCP will also support some type of TLS. Fingers crossed.
Last edited by zacharydubois on Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noebl1

Post by noebl1 »

I got mine in this week, hope to play soon to try it out.
noebl1

Post by noebl1 »

@zacharydubois So since I originally posted this, I realize doing MQTT over AT commands won't be ideal for my anyways, so you're right, working with TCP/TLS is the far more flexible way to go. I could then leverage either Wifi or Cellular modes of communication which is much more reliable, especially as my car arrives at my house with very little cellular coverage. Took me quite a few tries for it to activate my Google Fi SIM I had inserted as the coverage here is so bad, initially I was disappointed, then realize it's not a huge difference from my Cell, so I should leverage WiFi as a better solution which AT commands would be useless for.