Trouble with setting up Freematics One with Freematics Hub

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
trashcan

Trouble with setting up Freematics One with Freematics Hub

Post by trashcan »

Hello- I am posting this here because I'm experiencing an error posting in the Freematics Products forum. If a mod could move my post there or help me fix the bug (check PMs) that would be great!

My Freematics ONE just arrived. I bought it as part of the telemetry starter kit. I'm having trouble connected to the Freematics Hub Dashboard at hub.freematics.com. When I plug the ONE into my car I see the blue led blinking, but when I go to the Freematics Hub and type in the device ID and click “live data” it tells me “Not an active device. Please check if your device is working or the device ID is correct”.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:
1. I activated the Hologram SIM. The Hologram dashboard confirms that my SIM is set up and connected.
2. I downloaded the Freematics Builder and connected the Freematics ONE to my computer (not while it was connected to my car). In the Freematics builder I had to change the target from “freematics ONE+” to “freematics ONE”, click “COM4” and then click “console”. I saw here that my DEVID (device ID) is (for example) HVSR4X0. Please not that my device ID is not actually HVSR4X0, but I'm using that as a placeholder because I don't want to post my real device ID. The device ID that the builder reported is the same length and a similar format to HVSR4X0.
3. I then plugged the Freematics ONE into the OBD-II port on my car and saw the blue led blinking. I went to hub.freematics.com and typed in my device ID and clicked “live data” and it gave me the error “Not an active device. Please check if your device is working or the device ID is correct”.
4. Then I took my freematics ONE out of my car and back to my computer. I downloaded the folder “firmware_v4” from the github page (https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Freematics) and unzipped it. I opened freematics builder again, clicked “local code/binary” and selected telelogger.ino from the telelogger folder. I clicked “build” and then I also clicked “console” and verified that it seemed to be working.
5. I took it back to my car and plugged it in again, and again I can’t connect to it from the freematics hub.
6. I took my laptop out to the car with me and plugged the freematics ONE into my laptop while it was plugged into the OBD-II port. I attempted to re-load the binary onto it the same way I did in step 4, while it was connected to the car. It appeared to load onto the freematics ONE but I still couldn't connect to it via the freematics hub dashboard.

I plugged it back into my computer and here is what I see when I connect to the console:
Full link to image: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1gR71jEu7KdMncLL7

What am I doing wrong? I want to see live data on my car using the Freematics ONE.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with setting up Freematics One with Freematics Hub

Post by stanley »

As I have replied your email, you have ordered the unit with wrong cellular module. SIM5360A and SIM7600A-H are for North America (which the 'A' indicates).
panda98

Re: Trouble with setting up Freematics One with Freematics Hub

Post by panda98 »

Everyone ought to read what you've written because it contains a wealth of knowledge that can help them become more open-minded. I am extremely appreciative of that. quordle game