Freematics OBD-II Emulator

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
User

Freematics OBD-II Emulator

Post by User »

Hello

I'm using your OBD-II Emulator (MK2),
it seems the Emulator is not conform with the OBDII standard protocol well, my device work great on cars, but with Emulator its not recognize Engine on or off. im using ulbotech T381 Device.

i search in your site and don't find any updates for the GUI or the Emulator, are you still support and maintenance this product ?

Best Regards
mattie47

Re: Freematics OBD-II Emulator

Post by mattie47 »

As a suggestion, most devices expect a certain level of voltage to detect ignition on. This is because vehicles are typically around 11v on the OBD port when the vehicle is off, and around 14v when the vehicle is ignition on.

Try using a variable power supply providing power to the Freematics device. Otherwise you're probably not going to have much luck.
smudum

Post by smudum »

I have a similar problem with the Freematics OBD II Emulators I purchased.

I purchased 2 Freematics OBD II emulators and I am having issues with them.

1. 1st OBDII emulator issue: I am not able to change the OBD protocol on this OBD simulator. Though it says successful when I change the protocol on it, my OBD device connected to it is not able to detect the changed protocol on this OBD sim. When I connect the same device to the other OBD sim, it is able to detect the changed protocol. My OBD device only detects the default protocol on this OBD emulator.

2. 2nd OBDII emulator issue: The OBD device connected to it can detect the protocol change but unable to detect the changed PIDs. My device still seeing the old PID values.

Where can I download the latest firmware file for this emulator?
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

1. After changing protocol, did you unplug and plug in the device again?
2. This happens when the device is still working on the previous protocol.