Freematics One: Receive other CAN IDs than 7E8

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
anna30

Freematics One: Receive other CAN IDs than 7E8

Post by anna30 »

Dear Freematics Community,

for a school project I have to read CAN Bus data from an electrical vehicle and send it via BLE to an Android device, where the data should be processed. I have bought a Freematics ONE device and flashed the datalogger from the firmware_v4.

It seems that the OBD Adapter only receives the OBD answer ID 0x7E8. The schematic indicates that the ATMEGA328P isn't directly connected with the CAN transceiver. The ATMEGA Chip communicates through the STM32 microprocessor.

Is the STM32 processor hardcoded to only pass data from the 0x7E8 message? Is there a way to change this to other CAN IDs, e.g. 0x110.

I would be delighted about your device.
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics One: Receive other CAN IDs than 7E8

Post by stanley »

Freematics ONE+ supports CAN sniffing which allows retrieving data of other CAN IDs. Unfortunately, Freematics ONE does support this mode.
anna30

Re: Freematics One: Receive other CAN IDs than 7E8

Post by anna30 »

Dear Stanley,

thank you for you response. We recognized that the co-processor function of the Freematics ONE is limited. We have already ordered the Freematics ONE + Modul B. I am planning to change your Header Mask and Header Filter to receive our IDs. How do this methods work?

Yours faithfully
Anna