How to make simple_obd_display to work with Freematics ESP32 OBD Kit

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
henrylknguyen

How to make simple_obd_display to work with Freematics ESP32 OBD Kit

Post by henrylknguyen »

Hi all,

I am a newbie.

During COVID19, I bought myself new Freematics Kits to study and play:

Freematics ESP32 OBD Kit
- OBD-II Adapter: OBD-II UART Adapter ..
- Cellular Module: SIM7600E (LTE CAT1) KIT-5 1
Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter V2.1 (for Arduino) OBD-U

I tried few development scenarios:

1. PlatformIO
I could compile and load the image to the Freematics ESP32 OBD Kit. However, when I plugged into the car it did not work the LCD displayed
OBD DISPLAY
Connecting...
I looked into the simple_obd_display file, the application stuck at the loop.
while (!obd.init());
When I navigate to the init function. The signature is different, bool COBD::init(OBD_PROTOCOLS protocol)

I wonder the compiler is doing...May someone help to resolve the issue?

2. Freematics Arduino Builder
A bit frustrate with what is going on, I tried to use

I faced with compilation errors...May someone help?

[Libraries]
Compiling library [Esprit]...
Processing C:\Users\henry\Documents\simple_obd_display-20171208/libraries/Esprit
Compiling Esprit.cpp...
Error compiling file - Esprit.cpp
[Binary]
Linking all objects...
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z9reconnectv+0x14): undefined reference to `LCD_SH1106::clear(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z9reconnectv+0x18): undefined reference to `COBD::init(OBD_PROTOCOLS)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z8showDatahi+0x10): undefined reference to `LCD_SH1106::setCursor(unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z8showDatahi+0x14): undefined reference to `LCD_Common::printInt(unsigned short, signed char)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z5setupv+0x8): undefined reference to `LCD_SH1106::begin()'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z5setupv+0xc): undefined reference to `COBD::begin()'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal._Z4loopv+0x8): undefined reference to `COBD::readPID(unsigned char, int&)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal.startup._GLOBAL__sub_I_lcd+0x4): undefined reference to `vtable for LCD_SH1106'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal.startup._GLOBAL__sub_I_lcd+0x8): undefined reference to `vtable for LCD_SH1106'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o:(.literal.startup._GLOBAL__sub_I_lcd+0xc): undefined reference to `vtable for COBD'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp.o: In function `reconnect()':
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/simple_obd_display.ino.cpp:19: undefined reference to `LCD_SH1106::clear(unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char)'
C:\Users\henry\AppData\Local\Temp/ArduinoBuilder/s
Error linking objects.

Thank and Regards, hlkn