Anyone got the SIMCOM7600 working with MQTT?

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
Raj120p1

Re: Anyone got the SIMCOM7600 working with MQTT?

Post by Raj120p1 »

Thanks for the help mate.
cmendes0101

Post by cmendes0101 »

Well at least yours has a 7600 firmware, mine has the 7500 firmware for some reason.

I had not seen the FOTA feature so that's interesting. I'll look around see if I can figure out something. I was looking at the schematics but wasn't sure if there's a way to tap in to do the upgrade.
daveywatt

Post by daveywatt »

Here is my codebase that I am working with, its on a public repo:

https://github.com/shiftops/FreematicsSim7600MQTT

Its a platform.io project, so it includes the Freematics library via the platform.io project. The easiest way to get this running would be to install platform.io into your IDE and the open the project.

Otherwise, you can simply update the freematics includes to your chosen path.

The SIM config is in config.h and the SLL certs and endpoint need to go into secrets.h.

If you need any help getting this running please let me know.
daveywatt

Post by daveywatt »

Maybe Stanley knows how to update the firmware, as he built this and has been working with it for years.

I will send him and email, hopefully he has time to steer us in the right direction.
daveywatt

Post by daveywatt »

Raj120p1 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 pm Thanks for the help mate.
Hey did you manage to get MQTT working on your setup?
KimberlyDS

Post by KimberlyDS »

I think that you just need to understand the code for a long time to solve this problem. It's just that when I made the foxy bingo no deposit bonus website, I also had small flaws that I fixed in a month. Everything is working well now, but it took a while to correct my mistake.
waelbel

Post by waelbel »

Hi guys!

I'm sorry to disturb you. Thanks a lot for the information you have provided already. I'm trying to do the same for a project but it looks like the AT commands to send a certificate (ex: AT+CCERTDOWN) are not available anymore in the new firmware of SIM7600. So I can not use AWS IoT service since it only works with this certificate. Basically the new SIM7600 firmware only allows not secure MQTT communication...

Now I thought it would be easy to get the old firmware, but the only way to have it is to contact SIMCOM support team. I've been tying to reach them by e-mail for more than a week, but I never receive any answer. I'm a bit desesperate as they are the only ones who can give me this old version of the software.

Since I really have to finish this project soon, I was wondering if you still had this old firmware version you used for this post, and if you could share it with me. If not, do you have any idea how I could still use AWS IoT without this AT commands to send the certificate.

I'm using SIM7600E-H and SIM7600G-H modules,

Thank you very much!

The firmaware version I'm using right now:
AT+CGMR

+CGMR: LE20B03SIM7600M22

The datasheet were I can't find AT+CCERTDOWN command:
https://simcom.ee/documents/SIM7600E/SI ... _V1.10.pdf
rakheshpp@ymail.com

Post by rakheshpp@ymail.com »

I am facing the same issue, I could connect to TCP HTTP, POST, and GET Method but not with MQTT with TCP or TLS/SSL. I am not getting a connected response. May I know you firmware version
shajahan

Post by shajahan »

at+cmqttconnect=0,"tcp://abz0igaaaaa-ats.iot.us-east-2.amazonaws.com:8883",60,1
OK

+CMQTTCONNECT: 0,26

i am getting this error please suggest me any sollution
note: at+netopen connects internet and other previous commands working fine am using simc0m7600e,am working on to connect with aws cloud.
my firmware version LE11B03SIM7600M21
PLEASE HELP ME..