RESET_AFTER_WAKEUP

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
wejongfu

RESET_AFTER_WAKEUP

Post by wejongfu »

Hi,

I am a happy owner of 3 Freematics One+ Traccar Editions.

After few hickups, most of what I aimed to achiev is running great (traccar intergration)

One of the remaining Problems is the fakt, that sending of OBD-data is noch working reliably.

When I hook up the modul, it is recognizing OBD and the modul is sending the OBD-data (rpm etc.) as it should and it is visible in traccar. So as far I can tell, the module is working as it should.
My car is a 2015 skoda and has a always-on OBD connector, so I use a low MOTION_THRESHOLD to wakeup the modul. I have RESET_AFTER_WAKEUP also set to "1".
The Problem seems to be, that after the "wakeup/reset" the OBD is not reinitialized. In the code it seems that STATE_OBD_READY is never set back to STATE_WORKING.

When I disconnect the modul and reconnect it, OBD is working great again.

This is all just guesses from my side, because I actualy can´t do code. I try to read it and think I understand few things, but no-where near enough to try to fix this issue.

If there is anythink I can help with (deeper debug) just let me know.

BR
stanley
Site Admin

Re: RESET_AFTER_WAKEUP

Post by stanley »

When you saw OBD is not properly reinitialized, did all subsequent attempts fail?
wejongfu

Post by wejongfu »

yes, I reviewed the Traccar entries, there is never more then few hours of OBD data.

example:

OBD Data on 2022-05-06 9:14 till 9:37
OBD Data on 2022-05-06 20:36 till 20:37
OBD Data on 2022-05-16 9:01 till 9:50
OBD Data on 2022-05-17 18:54 till 20:42

and so on.

every time I disconnect and reconnect to OBD I get OBD data for the duration of the trip, after the Modul goes to standby and awakes again, nothing and I drive everyday, so there are multiple standy/awake cykles.

The only way to get OBD data again is to disconnect and reconnect the module to OBD... well also another, when I flash the modul, it reinitialize properly and get OBD without reconnecting. So it seems the standby/awake cykle is causing the issue.
wejongfu

Post by wejongfu »

I was also thinking that with the wakeup/reset the OBD interface of the car could be still "offline" and generate faults and the MAX_OBD_ERRORS could trigger OBD not to try again. But as I use the motionsensors to wakeup, somtimes I can hear the "beep" of wakingup when I am well on my way and the OBD interface of the car is certanly online.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Try adding following line after device waking up. I've also committed this change to github. Let me know if it solves your problem.

Code: Select all

sys.resetLink();
wejongfu

Post by wejongfu »

I have implemented the changes and it seems to work, but I had very limited "standby"-time to try.
I will have final confirmation in a few days (Weekends I usualy dont drive)

Thanks for the fast fix, I will keep you updated.
panda98

Post by panda98 »

Fantastic blog. Reading your articles was enjoyable. For me, this was a really enjoyable book. I have it bookmarked and am eager to read more things from it. Continue your wonderful effort! trap the cat
lee black

Post by lee black »

Seeking reliable resources for your sociology research paper? Look no further than that site. Explore a treasure trove of information and elevate your academic journey with expert guidance and comprehensive support.