Telelogger WIFI Only

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
mario_krc

Telelogger WIFI Only

Post by mario_krc »

Hi everyone,

I am looking to build a simple location logging system that does not depend on the cellular network.

The idea so far is to use the Telelogger script. However, Telelogger (as far as I can see) is meant to work with a permanent WIFI or Cellular internet connection, meaning that if the Freematics tracker attempts to upload location data to the server, but the WIFI is too far away or there is no cell signal, the location data is lost rather than being uploaded *later* once WIFI or cellular become available.

The above is the functionality that I would like to put in place, if WIFI is not available, store the location data in flash or SD card and upload to the server as soon as WIFI is available again.

Is this something that exists already in the Freematics code base or if I have to implement it myself, what would be your recommendation on how to do so?

Thanks a lot
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Telelogger WIFI Only

Post by stanley »

Actually I am working on this to make wifi optional and re-connectable. Auto uploading on connection of wifi is a useful feature but its implementation is not in my list so you are on your own.