data2kml

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
Syl

data2kml

Post by Syl »

Hi,

I just noticed that in the latest version of the ArduinoOBD folder at Github the data2kml.exe file is missing. Is ther a meaning for this, or just a mistake?
Right now im looking for a way to view logged data from my diy kit, and since the charting service is down I dont know any alternatives.
Syl

Re: data2kml

Post by Syl »

Update:
I searched a bit around the Freematics website and found some download links to older versions of the megalogger sketch and even an data2kml.exe file.

I tried a bit and found out that the newer version of the megalogger sketch in the ArduinoOBD folder on Github do not work with the charting service or the data2kml.exe. However, the older version of the megalogger sketch I was able to find seem to partikular work. Breakpoints are set as they should and Gps data are on. Only problem is, that after the conversion to kml the date settings of the logged data is messed up. Interesting is that the sampe file which I created via the data2kml.exe works fine.

Do anybody know where I could get an older and/or working version of the megalogger sketch?
Syl

Post by Syl »

Update:

After having an closer look an the working sample csv/kml and self logged csv/kml files, I was able to detect the problem. The charing service and data2kml.exe are working with the old Pid names such as A, B, C for GPS Data. The new megalogger sketch uses other Pids for this, like Lat, Lon. Thats why the older megalogger sketch works for me. The messed up date data are caused by this code line in the megalogger sketch.

gps.get_datetime(&date, &time, 0);
// if (date != gpsDate) {
// log date only if it's changed
// logger.logData(PID_GPS_DATE, (int32_t)time);
// gpsDate = date;
// }

After commanting them out everything works as promised.

From here on, I will try to make the newer megalogger sketch working with the charting service and the data2kml.exe.

Its realy a shame that a project with such a huge potential lacks a basic customer support for disposal and basic firmeware. I know, Freematics is all about being able to do your own projects, but with a little bit of work this could be so much more user friendly. No offense, just saying.

I will keep the reporting up, hoping for response.
onche

Post by onche »

Hello Mr,

Could you explain how to use this software ?
I am pretty new at this.

Thank you