Kit #1 Compiling errors/questions

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Topsy

Kit #1 Compiling errors/questions

Post by Topsy »

Sigh.. As usual, I ask for help five minutes later happen to run the right words though google and find my answer.. Sorry! I might need this thread at a later point..

Hello! :)

First off I need to say that I'm not very good when handling code but I do have made some experience with arduinos in the past.

I've been trying to get my kit #1 working today and got nowhere at all.
I've hooked up the adaptor to the arduino nano as described. I then tried loading the nanologger onto the nano (does this go on the nano or onto the board in the adaptor?) which ends in an "sketch too big" error..
I then tried the simple RPM light sketch but I also didn't manage to get that to work..

I must be missing something vital here, can anybody help?

Oh and also, should the screen show any sign on life when hooked up to the nano?

Also, thanks very much Stanley for running this forum, it must be a bit of a pain with people like me though.. :oops:

Cheers

Edit for future reference, Car is a Volvo S40, 2005,
Topsy

Re: Kit #1 Compiling errors/questions

Post by Topsy »

Well, it does seem that I'm not getting anywhere at all..

RPM light test failed and I can't tell if the nanologger works as I can't get my lcd to light up (i've tried all lcd options..)

Thoughts?

Edit, is it normal that I can't make changed to the nanologger sketch? As in, I open it, make a change and upload it. If I do another change I always get compiling errors ( for instance"#define ENABLE_DATA_LOG 1" > #define ENABLE_DATA_LOG 0 )
it always only upload the very first time, so if I make a change I need to do it before uploading.. Tried various boards..