Freematics one+ model H on trucks

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
alfespo97

Freematics one+ model H on trucks

Post by alfespo97 »

Hello, i'm currently working on a system of speed advisoring for truck drivers and i've experienced many issues when trying to read real-time data from OBD port of a truck. I've tried different hardwares with no good result and now i was trying to do that with your product Freematics one+ model H. I've tried to plug it in a Mercedes Actros, after the building and loading of the firmware J1939_monitor, found on Github. So when i plugged in the Freematics, I couldn't see any output on the console because the OBD connection with the vehicle was never established(the firmware will remain blocked on the line of code that tries to establish the OBD connection). A few days ago, I've tried the Freematics on an Iveco Stralis, in this case i've used the J1939_monitor firmware again, the OBD connection was established with no errors but in the serial console i could only see the FECA PGN printed periodically. Now i can't figure out where the error is,beacuse the model H is supposed to work with trucks and i can't understand why it can't connect with a Mercedes or why it gives me only one PGN. Thanks in advance for your help and have a good day!
Alfonso.
nodeshand

Re: Freematics one+ model H on trucks

Post by nodeshand »

Last edited by nodeshand on Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jesse99

Re: Freematics one+ model H on trucks

Post by jesse99 »

To fix truck data reading issues, you can try alternative J1939 firmwares like J1939_diagtool and consult Freematics support with detailed fnf setup info for specific guidance.