Freematics ONE+ Model A GPS not working with latest telelogger

Discussion about software developed by Freematics, including Freematics Builder and Freematics Emulator GUI
schachar

Freematics ONE+ Model A GPS not working with latest telelogger

Post by schachar »

Hello,
I tried to upgrade my Freematics ONE+ Model A software to the latest one, and the GPS is not working
previouses I used to build the software with GNSS_EXTERNAL and everything was working fine
with the new configuration GNSS_STANDALONE it doesn't recognize the external GPS

reverting to the old code on git re-compiling and it works again so its not a hardware problem
what am I missing in the setup of config.h freemaic builder etc?

Thanks
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics ONE+ Model A GPS not working with latest telelogger

Post by stanley »

In latest code internal and external GNSS automatically identified with GNSS_STANDALONE, so there is no need to define GNSS_INTERNAL or GNSS_EXTERNAL. The cause of your issue is that you might be using older hardware which has u-blox M8 instead of M10. Please comment out line 551 and uncomment line 553 in FreematicsPlus.cpp to use initializing commands for M8.
GudrunHelga

Re: Freematics ONE+ Model A GPS not working with latest telelogger

Post by GudrunHelga »

It sounds like the issue might be related to the configuration settings in your software upgrade. Have you checked if there are any specific changes or additional settings required when using the GNSS_STANDALONE configuration? Double-checking the setup in config.h and Freematics Builder might help identify any missing configurations or settings causing the GPS recognition issue.