Library updates - Frematics One

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
Polkpolk

Library updates - Frematics One

Post by Polkpolk »

Hi Stanley

Just so you know.
The last 6-8 updates of the library have meant that the KWP ISO 14230-4 KWP 5 baud has not worked with Freematics One
pingu_98

Re: Library updates - Frematics One

Post by pingu_98 »

Yeah, I was trying my Freematics One out with the new libraries last Wednesday and couldn't get anything beyond the accelerometer working.

No ODBII (tried on 2 cars with compatible protocols) due to timeouts, no communication with the GPS (NO DATA NO DATA etc.) and a blank log file on the SD card (0 bytes).

Does anyone have any tips? I put the libraries into the latest Arduino IDE, compiled and uploaded etc. and connected from my laptop via serial.

Also, no success connecting to the BLE, via android (BT terminal app) or via my linux laptop, connections refused in both cases. I know that the app is for iOS, but surely there's another way to connect?

I see that there's a new update from 19 hour ago, I'll be trying again with this tomorrow!

James
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Could you let me know which revision of code is working?

Polkpolk wrote:
> Hi Stanley
>
> Just so you know.
> The last 6-8 updates of the library have meant that the KWP ISO 14230-4 KWP
> 5 baud has not worked with Freematics One
Polkpolk

Post by Polkpolk »

stanley wrote:
> Could you let me know which revision of code is working?
>
> Polkpolk wrote:
> > Hi Stanley
> >
> > Just so you know.
> > The last 6-8 updates of the library have meant that the KWP ISO 14230-4 KWP
> > 5 baud has not worked with Freematics One

The attached zip is the version I managed to get some data from with Freematics One. If MEMS, OBD and GPS are enabled then no data will be written to SD. If GPS is disabled then data is written to SD. If SD is disabled, data shows in BLE monitor
I have to admit that I have never had Freematics ONE to work ok with KWP2000 5Kbps
Polkpolk

Post by Polkpolk »

Cann´t upload the zip.
It´s from the 22062017 on GITHUB.
pingu_98

Post by pingu_98 »

So I tried again yesterday with the Freematics One latest code on github. Here's the status:
Works:
SD card logging (MEMS data only)
MEMS accelerometer

Doesn't work:
OBDII functionality
GPS (no communications)

Not tested:
SIM800L SMS/GPRS functionality

I was suspicious about the GPS. I hooked it up to another Arduino directly, indeed it works fine at 38400 bps, in isolation. I tried changing the GPS baud rate in the datalogging sketch and the GPS test, but didn't change anything. I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems like anything running through the STM32 isn't communicating on my board. Anyone else having issues getting their GPS to work with the latest freematics one (V4) libraries?
Polkpolk

Post by Polkpolk »

Hi Stanley

The latest updates to Freematics One 4 can not compile. Errror shows mssing datalogger.h.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Which sketch?
Polkpolk

Post by Polkpolk »

stanley wrote:
> Which sketch?

This sketch

Datalogger

https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Freem ... datalogger
stevel95

Post by stevel95 »

Using Arduino 1.8.2 IDE, Aug 7 download of source from github, compiling firmware_v4/datalogger for a FreematicsONE device.

My compile error is "datalogger.h:10: error: 'SDLib' is not a namespace-name". I assume no additional libs need to be included and that all are in the header files? Thanks in advance for the help.