Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter V2.1 (for Arduino)

Inquiry and support for Freematics products
BrandonG

Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter V2.1 (for Arduino)

Post by BrandonG »

hello,

I recently purchased a Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter V2.1 (for Arduino). I am using this equipment with an Arduino Mega 2560.
After downloading the library I attempted to run some of the example code. When I run the example code to flash the LED on PIN 13 when the RPM exceeds 3000 RPM, the blue light on the OBD-II UART turns off after a short period of time and the LED on PIN 13 never turns on.

Is this a problem that others have seen before?
Is this something that is easy to fix?

Regards
stanley
Site Admin

Re: Freematics OBD-II UART Adapter V2.1 (for Arduino)

Post by stanley »

How did you connect the adapter to your mega board?
BrandonG

Post by BrandonG »

I the Tx and Rx signals out of the OBD adapter to the Rx and TX of Serial 1 on the Mega 2560. Do I have to use the OBD adapter to power the Mega? I have just been using my laptop.
stanley
Site Admin

Post by stanley »

Just make sure to connect GND.
BrandonG

Post by BrandonG »

I made sure the ground connection was made.
I have isolated the problem to one of two sections of the setup function.
Either obd.begin isn't working as it should or obd.init isnt't working as it should.
The code gets stuck in the while (!obd.init()) loop.
I have tried changing the baud rate with no luck as well as using different vehicles with no luck.
I would like to get this working with a 2008 chevy equinox.
I also tried setting the argument of obd.init(). This didn't work either.
BrandonG

Post by BrandonG »

I was able to get everything working. I included the <SoftwareSerial.h> library at the top of the code and everything worked as it should.
jessiehughes

Post by jessiehughes »

The Jumper cable is the best for fixing the pin of the Arduino. So you can check the serial activities and LED should be blinking there. After that, you can check the power of the PC's USB port and the serial controller which is the PC sending the Arduino to work to it.
CassieGriffin

Post by CassieGriffin »

I have found it is working on my sytem. You can check its Menu > Settings > Security.
LauriBuell

Post by LauriBuell »

Hello,I have this code to run on Arduino Uno and print some engine data unfortunately only read the fist value (RPMs) and the other return 0 always, also the next time that the loop() is executed does not refresh the paremeters,can somebody help me?
enggar

Post by enggar »

Hi All,

Nice to see you guys here, sharing your knowledge of Freematics OBD-II UART. Hope your knowledge can help me out of my problem.

Few months ago, I bought Freematcs OBD-II UART. From ATI command, I know it is v1.0 version. The default baudrate is 115200, but unfortunately my Arduino Pro Mini failed to talk properly at this speed. So I tried to lower the baudrate. And currently, I'm stuck here not being able to change the baudrate.

Lowering baudrate, I tried 2 methods:
1. Using command "AT BR hh", which should be supported by ELM327-based OBD scanner. It fails, and return "?" in reply.
2. Using command "AT PP 0C ON", which also should be supported by ELM327-based, resulted the same error.
3. Using the provided library <OBD2UART.h> from https://github.com/stanleyhuangyc/Ardui ... s/OBD2UART, also fails. After changing the baudrate using obd.setbaudrate() command, no proper serial communication except at 115200 (default).

Could anybody please help? Thanks.